About Me

My photo
I might join your century, but only on a rare occasion.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Psychology Essay: Personality.

What in the material on "Personality, Group Dynamics, and Conflict Resolution" can you use in your own life? Give an example.

I got to learn about The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) in this chapter - the psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions. As The Myers & Brigg's Foundation states,

"The essence of the theory is that much seemingly random variation in the behavior is actually quite orderly and consistent, being due to basic differences in the ways individuals prefer to use their perception and judgment."

Personally, I feel that this test has helped me to better understand myself, why I interact with others and why I approach the world in general in the way that I do. It really fascinates me how accurate this test seems to be; personally, I felt that my results were right on target.

No comments:

Post a Comment